Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Himalayan


Himalayan
Oil on canvas, 12x12. Contact Lori at Center Framing & Art, 860-233-7804, for price and delivery information.

I got some great news yesterday! The Hartford Courant is going to feature one of my paintings on the front cover of iTowns, the paper's weekly entertainment magazine. This is very exciting. It's a nice magazine, and it's appealing and engaging, and so I would guess it's pretty well read. Yay!

I was feeling down about my painting early in the year. Not about the painting itself, though that felt slow, too - but I was down about the business part of this. Nothing was selling, on line or in galleries. Commissions had dried up. I had applied to UConn, to the master of fine arts program, and they'd rejected me. I'd already had a year in which I was turned down for just about every juried show I entered.

Now, I'm on some big upswing. My paintings have started selling again. Commission work is trickling in. I've gotten into shows, and fairs, and now I'm getting some free publicity.

Today, too, I got a note from Susan Miiller, a wonderful painter from New York state, saying she is interested in curating an Art for Shelter Animals Project show or shows. So that's exciting, too!

Meantime, I had the laptop in the kitchen yesterday, and I looked up, and here's what I saw:



Yup, that's our deck. And that's a big mama turkey, standing on the railing.

She stood there for a couple minutes, looking left, looking right, peering all around, then nonchalantly walked down the railing and hopped off at the bottom of the steps.

No comments: