Thursday, April 22, 2010

Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Oil on canvas, 12x12. Commission

I knew better. Well, I should have known better.

I should have known better, but when we moved here, I got AT&T for phone, cell phone, TV and internet. All of it.

And AT&T, for all of its breaking up and diversifying, is still as abusive as ever. It is still a gigantic corporation that only cares about getting your money, and doesn't care at all about providing customer service, helping you with a problem, offering a solution.

It has taken a tremendous amount of work to get rid of AT&T - and believe me, AT&T knows just how much work it takes. I believe AT&T counts on that. It's taken days of research, days of visiting various other companies and signing up, days of waiting while these companies install their stuff, and now days of work to adjust this or that to make it work.

AT&T's products were pretty good, except for the increasingly slow internet, which led to the impasse that so infuriated me that I took all our business away from the monolith. Megalith. But I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of quality for a little bit of pleasant, humane treatment.

On another note - painting! How refreshing! - if you want a pet portrait done for Mother's Day, please contact me soon. Mother's Day is May 9!

No comments: