Friday, April 16, 2010

Shih Tzu

Shih Tzu
Oil on canvas, 12x12. Contact Lori at Center Framing & Art, 860-233-7804, for information on price and delivery. 

I am scheduled to paint outdoors on Saturday at Center Framing & Art in West Hartford, Conn.  Because the forecast is for rain in the morning, and clearing in the afternoon, I probably will be painting mostly later in the day. So if you're in the area, stop by! The store is at 56 LaSalle Road. There are good shops and restaurants all around, and it feels like a real downtown, the way downtown used to feel.

I'm starting to look forward to my painting trip this summer. Heather MacLeod, a wonderful artist and truly delightful person, is going to go with me. So far, the plan is to head for the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec and perhaps also to Newfoundland. It does seem that there's no way to get to Newfoundland without going to Nova Scotia, so that might be on the docket, as well.

The inspiration for this trip is Samuel Borenstein, and his wonderful paintings of the Gaspe.  I figure that if I love his paintings so much, and he loved the landscape so much, well, I will love the landscape. Heather is happy to go wherever, so that's the early plan.

Perhaps I will start writing the blog in French for a while?

No comments: