Thursday, February 5, 2009

The view from heaven

Heaven. Oil on canvas paper

Some horrible illness knocked me flat for most of last week. At one point, whatever it was nestled in my muscles and set them to aching, and all I could think of was the hot tub at the Marriott.

I go to the Marriott four or five days a week, and exercise on the machines or swim in the pool. Then, I soak in the hot tub. That's my payoff for exercising, and believe me, it's a good payoff.

So when I was strong enough to get to my basement studio, I made this painting of the hot tub. I really like the reflections in the water and on the ceiling. I like the yellow walls you can see through the window, too. Regular readers of this blog will recall the painting I made of the Marriott patio (see "Distractions," my Jan. 16 blog entry, if you're interested). For a time, I had these two side by each on the bookcase. It was fun to see them like that.

I'm getting ready for the upcoming show at the Lighthouse Gallery in Groton, and for the jurying portion of the Connecticut Regional Artists Show at the Slater Museum. It's a tough show to get into, but I made it last year and believe I will make it this year. If any of you have suggestions about which pieces to enter (I get two), I'd be delighted to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: